If you are reading this, you are probably watching tens or hundreds or so of Korean Dramas and looking for a new series that deserves your attention. I have compiled a list of the top 16 best Korean Dramas you should watch now!
What Are the Best Korean Dramas?
- Marriage Contract (16 episodes)
- Playful Kiss (16 episodes)
- Boys Over Flowers (25 episodes)
- The Legend of the Blue Sea (20 episodes)
- Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo (16 episodes)
- Secret Love Affair (16 episodes)
- W Two Worlds (16 episodes)
- Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo (20 episodes)
- Cinderella and Four Knights (16 episodes)
- Moon Embracing the Sun (20 episodes)
- Coffee Prince (17 episodes)
- High Society (16 episodes)
- It’s Okay, That’s Love (16 episodes)
- Cheese in the Trap (16 episodes)
- My Secret Romance (13 episodes)
- To the Beautiful You (16 episodes)
16. Marriage Contract
This melody feels warm, heartfelt and captivating and you are easily drawn to the characters ’feelings and their stories. A marriage contract is a marriage contract signed by an unexpected couple – a wealthy and financially challenged mother. The play tells about the importance of family. It teaches us that the word “family” is not defined in terms of blood, but that they respect and care for each other.
- Lee Seo-Jin as Han Ji-Hoon
- Uee as Kang Hye-Soo
- Kim Yong-Geon as Han Seong-Gook
- Park Jung-Soo as Yoon Seon-Yeong
- Lee Hwi-Hyang as Oh Mi-Ran
15. Playful Kiss
Here is the K drama about high school students for you, they are still looking for a series that will be a good, good hearted person. Playful Kiss is a romantic comedy about a girl who lives under the same roof as her crush: the smartest, most beautiful and most popular boy in school. This wonderful song follows the relationship between two students through high school and beyond.
- Kim Hyun-Joong as Baek Seung-Jo
- Jung So-Min as Oh Ha-Ni
- Lee Tae-Sung as Bong Joon-Gu
- Lee Si-Young as Yoon Hae-Ra
14. Boys Over Flowers
Boys Over Flowers tells the story of a girl who goes to a famous high school, where she attracts the attention of many famous boys there. These are rich, beautiful and really dominate the school. The series became first a Japanese movie, then a Japanese drama and cartoon. This series is a must see for any Korean playwright.
- Ku Hye-Sun as Geum Jan-Di
- Lee Min-Ho as Gu Jun-Pyo
- Kim Hyun-Joong as Yoon Ji-Hoo
- Kim Bum as So Yi-Jung
- Kim Joon as Song Woo-Bin
13. The Legend of the Blue Sea
Do you remember the wonderful mycodrames about my love from the star, the centuries- old and the powerful alien and his human girlfriend? The Legend of the Blue Sea was written by the same author, Park Ji Eun. Another similarity is that the two follow two main themes: one in the present and the other in the past. Lee Min Ho is not an alien, a normal person, and Jun Jin Hyun is not an actor, a mermaid. Going back in history, we learn that man and mermaid have been in love a lot before. However, they suffered the consequences due to the selfishness of their enemies. The play is set to this day and repeats their love story. Watch The Legend of the Blue Sea to find out if they will ever miss each other or if they will stay together despite all the hardships.
- Jun Ji-Hyun as Se-Hwa / Shim Chung
- Shin Eun-Soo as teenage Se-Hwa
- Lee Min-Ho as Kim Dam-Ryung / Heo Joon-Jae
- Park Jin-Young as teenage Kim Dam-Ryung / Heo Joon-Jae
12. Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo
This fun, fun and engaging show focuses on the lives of college weightlifter athletes. When Kim Bok-zoo had a problem with a good doctor, she could not think about her life without losing weight for a day. The girl hides the fact that she is overweight and begins to doubt her love for weight gain. Failing to introduce weight Kim Bok-zoo may have had a big collision and a subtle twist that most spectators would expect to see in a very modern game. However, when you watch this series, you feel like college students are living their lives chasing their dreams and facing a lot of challenges.
- Lee Sung-Kyung as Kim Bok-Joo
- Nam Joo-Hyuk as Jung Joon-Hyung
- Lee Jae-Yoon as Jung Jae-Yi
- Kyung Soo-Jin as Song Shi-Ho
11. Secret Love Affair
Well written, executed and well done, Secret Love Affair will be a fun and personalized watch for you. The play focuses on the relationship between a high-level woman and a very young man. It pushes all the boundaries of how we think couples should look to us; However, despite the 20-year gap we are witnessing how they immediately attracted each other.
- Kim Hee-Ae as Oh Hye-Won
- Yoo Ah-In as Lee Sun-Jae
- Park Hyuk-Kwon as Kang Joon-Hyung
10. W Two Worlds
Everyone is in love with a fictional character at least once in their life. Imagine for a second you were transposed into the fictional driven world of Earl. Oh Yeon-Joo”s father writes a famous comic writer. He grew up reading his good stories. He actually fell in love with the main character, Kang Chul. However, the author’s daughter and good comedian boy come from a different world. But one day the real and fictional worlds will come together. When she notices that the girl is pulling herself into the W, she sees the man pulling out the wounds. Wait, his favorite character? Apparently, his father decides to end his book by killing the lead actor.
- Lee Jong-Suk as Kang Chul
- Han Hyo-Joo as Oh Yeon-Joo
- Hyun Seung-Min as teen Yeon-Joo
- Park Min-Ha as child Yeon-Joo
9. Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo
If you never chose the classic games on this list, you can choose Lover of the Month: Scarlet Heart Rio. This K-drama story is about a 21 year old woman living a normal life, but her life changed drastically after she almost drowned to save others. Then the solar eclipse occurred. So, magic happens and survives, but now it is in the body of Ye Ye Soo (8th King Queen’s cousin). As she returns to the Gorio dynasty, the girl soon realizes that she is not living a normal life. However, she is still a 21st century woman, so she can not imagine what she can expect in her new life.
- Lee Joon-Gi as 4th Prince Wang So
- Lee Ji-Eun as Go Ha-Jin / Hae Soo
- Kang Ha-Neul as 8th Prince Wang Wook
- Hong Jong-Hyun as 3rd Prince Wang Yo
8. Cinderella and Four Knights
A fun and easy watch for Cinderella and Four Nights. Although it is a modern game, it draws some design skills and temple architecture from the original book legend. The series tells the story of a girl who gets a chance to live in a good house and pays for her tuition at the next university. Little did he know at first that he was fulfilling the wishes of three boys (the grandchildren of the man who owned this huge building). If you want a play that brings the joy of a simple heart, you should give it a try.
- Park So-Dam as Eun Ha-Won
- Jung Il-Woo as Kang Ji-Woon
- Ahn Jae-Hyun as Kang Hyun-Min
- Lee Jung-Shin as Kang Seo-Woo
- Choi Min as Lee Yoon-Sung
7. Moon Embracing the Sun
Welcome Month Sun is a fictional novel about a love affair between a king and a female shaman. However, this young woman has never been a gooey for the rest of her life. Also, she met the king and fell in love with him long before he thought he was dead. Unfortunately, he remembered nothing about it. Does she respect the person she loves? Do you remember his past? And why did he become a shaman?
- Kim Soo Hyun as Lee Hwon
- Yeo Jin Goo as Hwon (15 year old)
- Han Ga In as Heo Yeon Woo / Wol
- Kim Yoo Jung as Yeon Woo (13 year old)
- Lee Min Ho as young Yang Myung
- Jung Il Woo as Prince Yang Myung
- Kim So Hyun as young Bo Kyung
- Kim Min Seo as Yoon Bo Kyung
6. Coffee Prince
Coffee Prince revolves around naughty girl stories. She made a mistake because of the boy. One day you will fall in love with a beautiful, rich man. Soon the two of them realize that they are in love, but the rich man does not know that his new friend is a girl. If you want a unique, unique frame line, give it this K-Drama!
- Yoon Eun-Hye as Go Eun-Chan
- Gong Yoo as Choi Han-Kyul
- Lee Sun-Kyun as Choi Han-Sung
- Chae Jung-An as Han Yoo-Joo
5. High Society
They say the grass is always green on the other side – that’s about it. High society is about people who want to live their lives, but pretend to live someone else’s life. This Korean song introduces us to a family girl who has a big affiliation with a man who wants to climb the social ladder. The girl likes to keep his great background a secret while trying to get real happiness in life, but this guy comes from a poor family and his plans are different.
- Uee as Jang Yoon-Ha
- Sung Joon as Choi Joon-Ki
- Park Hyung-Sik as Yoo Chang-Soo
- Lim Ji-Yeon as Lee Ji-Yi
4. It’s Okay, That’s Love
If you want fun and unique play (well), you should give it a try. That love seems modern and realistic because it focuses on issues that are mentally ill. Basically this story is about a mysterious author, an anti-psychic radio presenter and a woman, a psychiatrist trying to help her. The woman also has some mental health issues – she has a problem with sexual intimacy. You should watch this game to know how their lives are changing after their first meeting.
- Jo In-Sung as Jang Jae-Yeol
- Sung Yoo-Bin as young Jang Jae-Yeol
- Gong Hyo-Jin as Ji Hae-Soo
- Kang Joo-Eun as young Ji Hae-Soo
- Sung Dong-Il as Jo Dong-Min
- Lee Kwang-Soo as Park Soo-Kwang
- Do Kyung-Soo as Han Kang-Woo
3. Cheese in the Trap
Cheese on Trap is a 16-episode series that follows the turbulent relationship between a shy girl and a highly educated but mysterious man. Their relationship between the twenties life that students face during adolescence grows. If you want to see a play about student life with a compelling and new storyline, Cheap in Trap is for you.
- Yoo Jung as Park Hae-Jin
- Hong Seol as Kim Go-Eun
- Baek In-Ho as Seo Kang-Joon
- Baek In-Ha as Lee Sung-Kyung
2. My Secret Romance
My Secret Romance is designed for all prayers, it requires a pure story full of love clichés. A romantic joke revolves around two people being held hostage by a lawyer overnight. Many years later they met again, realizing that this was the end that brought them together for the first time. Cha Jin Wook is the proud and selfish son of a wealthy family who runs a large company. Naturally, he enjoys his unique life and falls in love with girls the way he likes. As you can imagine, she changes when she meets Lee Yoo Mi, who has not had a boyfriend before. Episodes of this theater are filled with tons of fun times. So, if you want such a series, give it a shot!
- Sung Hoon as Cha Jin-Wook
- Song Ji-Eun as Lee Yoo-Mi
- Kim Jae-Young as Jung Hyun-Tae
- Jung Da-Sol as Joo Hye-Ri
1. To the Beautiful You
If you do not want an endless series with a crazy scheme twist, this is the preparation for a high school drama ticket. Beautiful based on the Japanese series Hana Kimi manga. If you have already seen the Japanese trend, you will definitely be interested in it. The play tells the story of an American girl who returns to her native Korea to inspire her favorite athlete to return to competition. He pretends to be a boy, so he only attends a boys’ school where he can get his picture. Motivating the athlete is one of his goals, but the relationship between them grows and becomes even more amazing.
- Sulli as Goo Jae-Hee/Jay Dawson
- Choi Min-Ho as Kang Tae-Joon
- Lee Hyun-Woo as Cha Eun-Gyeol